Monday 25 May 2009

My day... hmph!

Hey all,

Sorry to be a downer but today I just feel so crap! I knew last night when I wanted to go to bed at 8pm that I was coming down with something... AGAIN! I just seem to get everything that goes around recently which doesn't make sense to me as I have spent so much time and energy getting my diet to a level that I assumed would help my general immunity AND I had a flu shot which I thought might help.. but nope!

My ears are all foggy and my throat is on fire and I'm just really annoyed today. John's at uni and I need to find some fun things for Molly to do today otherwise she will just start climbing the walls...Hmm... maybe getting out to the shops or the park would be good for both of us.

But there is SO much to do around the house (as there is after every weekend when I am at work) sweeping, vac**ing, mopping, dishes, laundry, bedroom tidying etc etc etc and I just don't have the energy but can't stand being in chaos so I will do it all..

later...

I've been doing the housework bit by bit... I currently have a clean kitchen and mopped floor (apart from a few pots to wash), and I have a tidy living room.

I have been quite tempted to eat things that aren't good body fuel today. It's funny that those old thoughts come back when I'm feeling a little blue. I even said to Molly that we'd get some chips to share while we were at the shopping centre earlier but we talked it through together (she's only 2 and a half but has great insight) and decided that we would go get hot drinks instead as the chips might make mummy feel even more sick as they aren't a healthy food for our bodies..

So I ended up having a chicken, avo and salad wrap and Molly had a tuna sushi. We followed it up with coffee for me and a babycino for Molly and we were all satisfied.

So now she's asleep and I am having some me-time. About to go make a cup of tea and may close my own eyes for a powernap before she wakes up.. I really do have it easy with Molly though. She's so easygoing and understanding. She keeps trying to do things to cheer me up and saying "do you feel better now mummy?" Cute!

5 of you love me enough to comment...:

Bee said...

Ugh, sorry you are sick. I'm dreading that part of winter. We manage to catch everything going around, too. I hope you're feeling much better really soon! Molly sounds like an Angel, too!

beetricks said...

I am having a crap time at the moment too and reaching for foods which don't help me feel great. Work is very stressful at the moment and that never helps. Hang in there...

soulmumma said...

Isn't Molly a clever lil thang? So wise! I hope you're feeling better soon, we're all a bit on the sick side here too. No fun.

sm :)

Anonymous said...

Go Molly for talking down the chips!!! Hope you had a sleep & are starting to feel better :0)

Anonymous said...

that is so cute! Do you pay her for her life coaching/personal trainer advice???