My wonderful friend Phil has just shared a giant post containing only positive things about 2008. I have been feeling a little blue recently so I have decided to do the same.
2008 was a fantastic year because;
- We moved to Footscray and have become members of a fantastic, supportive, loving, externally focussed community who live cooperatively and have a heart for the poor and marginalised people who live on the fringes.
- I have an amazingly loving husband who is frustratingly forgetful and disorganised but who knows exactly how to love me and who is following his dreams and wants me to do the same.
- I am blessed to have a lovely little person called Molly as my daughter. I am so proud of her as she really is growing up to be a good person. She knows how to love and be loved, her language skills blow me out of the water every day, she expresses how she feels without being mean or rude, she is toilet trained nearly and just turned two. She is an amazing person- truely quirky and knows the words to many many many Beatles songs which makes her Daddy proud.
- I now get to hang out with her from monday to friday!
- I have a great job doing what I love- A Social Worker in a mental health rehab for young people. The residents are so good to us. They really appreciate the help and although there are tough times, and they are dealing with some full-on shit- they try their best to be good to us as staff.
- I learned to run again in the past year and although I have had a few weeks off recently have found an activity that I really enjoy. I participated in 10 events last year, a stat I am very proud of.
- I maintained my weight more-or-less over 2008. This is not what I aimed for however I need to pat myself on the back for not gaining weight working in a sit-down office job for the past 11 months.
- I did my tax return on time. Something I have never done before!
- I have started singing again- with John and with Mezz and have written and recorded two decent songs.
There is so much more I could write but I must be off... I will try and upload some photos soon as there have been a few good ones taken recently.
Much love to all and happy new year!