Tuesday 21 July 2009

1st session!!



It was GREAT! The class (about 12 people all up) was an even mix of girls and guys, all with different stories (a couple of meat-head bodybuilders) and different reasons for being there. There was only one other person who had lost weight (15kg) and there is even a professional footballer in the class... planning for his career after football I think.


We started with basic nutrition- macronutrients/micronutrients etc... all stuff I was familiar with so I am not feeling out of my depth yet... I actually felt really good that I was the only one able to answer questions like "how many extra calories does a pregnant woman need a day?"- the answer being about 200cal (a glass of milk) and "how many for breastfeeding"- the answer being 500cals approx (an hour walking on the treddy).... I felt a bit smug...


We have been asked to keep a food diary for a week and then practice analysing each other's next Monday night... easy for me as I do this anyway... Yay!


I also was NOT the most overweight person in the room (I know I am not that overweight any more but I do have days when I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb- probably coz I hang out with a lot of very fit people).... I felt like a normal, healthy person...


:)

7 of you love me enough to comment...:

LBTEPA said...

That's great :) what a terrific first experience for you. It can only get better!

Fifi said...

I know what you mean. I'm doing Ex Science at uni and half the reason I took the last year off was because I'd gotten so big I was embarrassed to be there.

I think the best personal trainers are those that have been there. You'll be great!

Anonymous said...

So glad it went well! :)

Dani said...

Cant wait to hear more about your classes. I think you will excel at this.

mayzie said...

So glad it went so well for you Ash!!! You really are gonna be an awesome personal trainer !!!

Kathiej said...

How exciting for you....You are going to be a fab PT

Kek said...

Told you you'd love it!

And don't worry, I guarantee that everyone feels inadequate in some way. That's a fact.