Saturday 6 June 2009

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

This week I have felt a little blahhhh....

I think it was pms. I have been flat and a bit sad and generally not very nice to be around. I have eaten things I didn't really want and haven't done much cardio.

Today is slightly better and I feel a bit less crappy about myself.. I have spent the week thinking about starting this PT course and feeling like I am going to feel SO fat compared to the other pts-to-be. I know this is completely ridiculous as (like my trainer told me) there are plenty of other trainers out there who are bigger than me and have only half the fitness I do... but it's not about what you look like it's about how good you are at training people. She told me I am a people person and am good at motivating people. She also reminded me that I have come a long way and have a great story to share with people about how to set goals and achieve them.

I felt a bit better after that.

I tried to go to training this morning. I got up at 6am and got dressed. I picked up my keys and as I was about to walk out the door I heard a huge crash, John yell "SHIT!" and Molly start screaming... I didn't know what I was going to find when I ran out... She was ok in the end but fell off a tall swivel chair she had climbed up onto (trying to hang her jacket on it like daddy does) and smashed her chin on the stone benchtop on her way to the floor. The poor little thing was beside herself and needed me to hang around and have a slightly less hectic morning than was originally planned. So I drove them to where they were going instead of them having to catch the train... but I missed my session. I am thinking of looking up a class at one of the local gyms and giving it a go tonight.

When it gets cold like this I start to wish I had a gym membership. I love training outdoors in the morning but I am a bit limited when I need to train at night or on my own. Thinking of finding the cheapest (but not the nastiest) local gym option so I can have a plan B for days like today.

Food today has been OK but not amazingly good...
B. Skim latte 1/2 mediteranian roll and a scone (B. delight)
S. Skim latte(#2... I needed it!) and an apple
L. 3 wholegrain Ryvitas with grilled chicken breast and 1/3 of an avocado
S. 2 small mandarines and 3 dates (and a sip of a strawberry rtd protein shake which was thrown out after several gelatenous lumps made their way into my mouth... I did shake it!!)
D. Chicken and vegetable soup

Water... about 2 litres.

Thinking a spin class would be fun.. I wonder if there are any free gym passes on the internet!? To Google I go!

7 of you love me enough to comment...:

Bee said...

Hope Molly's chin isn't too sore, ouch! Good luck finding a gym membership. I've seen in the trading post or whatever people seeing off memberships for good gyms for cheap, so maybe try looking there too?

LJ said...

so sorry to hear about your little girls accident. it is awful when your kids hurt themselves! I just joined the gym and am so much more motivated to excerise! good luck. i look forward to following your progress

K not Kay said...

I think your trainer is very right. :)

Sorry to hear about Molly's accident, hope she didn't get too bruised.

soulmumma said...

"This week I have felt a little blahhhh....

I think it was pms. I have been flat and a bit sad and generally not very nice to be around. I have eaten things I didn't really want and haven't done much cardio."

This could have been a description of MY week!

Sounds like this week should be our turn for some better luck or choices! LOL ;)

Poor lil Molly!

Unknown said...

Oww poor Molly

Mmmm Ryvitas! How GOOD are they!

LBTEPA said...

You'd be a great trainer - as you say, it's not what you look like (and you look MORE THAN FINE!!!! btw)it's how motivating you can be!

Tully said...

I wuld love to have someone with your skills, experience and knowledge as a personal trainer- couldn't care less what size pants you wear!

I hope Molly is feeling better, it must have been such a shock for her (and you). :-)